Home
Contents
Gallery
Letters
Artists
Contact Us
 
Image of interior of Romaggi home ruin near Angels Camp
 

Built in 1852 of local schist rock and adobe, this sturdy two story structure is all that remains of the mining camp of Albany Flat, located just south of Angels Camp. Likely used as a business and home, various publications have described it as a store or fandango hall. The building is now owned by the Save the Romaggi Adobe Foundation which is raising funds for the eventual restoration of the structure. Their web site is www.save-romaggi-adobe.com.


The Land of Glittering Dreams™
www.glittering.com
Copyright 1997 - 2012 Jo Ann and George Aiello. All Rights Reserved.