Home Contents Gallery Letters Artists Contact Us
 
Image is of Deer Creek in Nevada City
 
Nevada City was settled by miners along the banks of Deer Creek in 1849. At that time it was known as Deer Creek Dry Diggins. Deer Creek was one of the best known minor streams in the gold region and had several camps along its banks. By the fall of 1850 Nevada City and the surrounding area had a population of around 6,000. This image was made from behind the historic Miner’s Foundry on Spring Street.

The Land of Glittering Dreams™
www.glittering.com
Copyright 1997 - 2012 Jo Ann and George Aiello. All Rights Reserved.